Lawyers & Leaders Class of 2019 Announced
August 13, 2019
MORGANTOWN, W. Va.—Sixteen legal professionals have been named to the Lawyers & Leaders Class of 2019 by West Virginia Executive magazine and WVU Law. The inductees were honored at a reception at WVU Law on August 22.
The 2019 Lawyers & Leaders inductees are:
- Ola Adekunle, patent counsel for Google LLC;
- Irene Berger, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of West Virginia;
- Ellen Cappellanti, managing member at Jackson Kelly PLLC;
- Patrick Casey and Sandra Chapman, founding members of Casey & Chapman, PLLC;
- Elliot Hicks, owner of Hicks Resolutions, and Ellerbee Enterprises, Inc.
- Scott Holcomb, representative for the State of Georgia and partner at Holcomb + Ward, LLP;
- Tom Lane, partner at Bowles Rice;
- Marcie McClintic Coates, head of global policy for Mylan;
- Teresa McCune, chief public defender for the Public Defender Corporation for the Thirtieth Judicial Circuit;
- Jill Cranston Rice, partner at Dinsmore & Shohl LLP;
- Melissa Settles Watkins, member at Steptoe & Johnson PLLC;
- Joshua Weishart, professor of law at WVU;
- Kate Roberts White, access to services manager for Legal Aid of West Virginia; and
- Allyson Chandler and Stephen Scott, members of the WVU Law Class of 2019.
The Lawyers & Leaders program recognizes the accomplishments of legal professionals who have made a positive impact on the state and the nation and have dedicated their careers to serving others and their communities. All nominees were required to either be practicing law in West Virginia or be a graduate of WVU Law.
“The WVU College of Law is proud to continue partnering with West Virginia Executive magazine on the Lawyers & Leaders awards,” said Gregory Bowman, dean of the College of Law. “The individuals honored this year have demonstrated superb leadership, a strong commitment to service and a deep love of the state of West Virginia. We are so proud to honor them and celebrate their wonderful accomplishments.”